Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Electronic poetry

     Reading and analyzing electronic poetry ended up being a lot more exciting than I thought it would be. Watching a piece of electronic poetry gives so much more to the poem than just reading regular poetry. The "playability" in a electronic poem is what makes the poem so much more fun and grasping. " Like a musician playing an instrument, a user could be said to play an application". Playing around with the poem clicking on different things linking you to different images really makes the poem a lot more grasping and interesting. The poem I enjoyed the most was the best cigarette. I really liked this e poem because I used to smoke cigarettes and the imagery used in the poem really seemed to intrigue me more than just seeing the text. 
    Another poem I looked at on my own was called stir text. I found this poem to be a little confusing but i think that may have been the point. What I noticed while reading electronic poetry is that not all of the poems are clear cut. Like in stir text as you move the cursor the words jumble up and change as well. While looking at the text change the words come together and give you different meanings. I think it's kind of cool how this poem gets you thinking and makes you explore the whole depth of the poem.
  I am very impressed on how these e poets make their poems. As i have been working on my own e poem i have noticed how time consuming making these poems really are. The work that I have seen done in class like firefly, the last cigarette, and fidget go so in depth when it comes to coming up with the imagery and the sound that makes these poems so dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment